Collecting and Storing Information Automatically
Emirates Development Bank (EDB) collects and stores information related to visiting its website. EDB does not define any user, it collects and stores the following information automatically:
- Surfing field
- Kind of the surfer and the operating system used to enter the website
- Time and date of entering the website
Changes in Privacy Statement
EDB has the right to modify the privacy statement at any time. In case of applying such changes, EDB will inform stakeholders and their clients about them.
Cookies Definition: A text file (not a program or encrypted software) that does not need a password. The website will find it through cookies put in the hard disk on the first visit.
How to Prevent Receiving Cookies: User should prepare the browser before saving any cookies on the hard disk. To do so, you should follow certain technical and technological steps. It is allowed to refuse receiving a cookies file (the text file) or remove it from the browser by using the privacy options provided by the browser.
EDB applies various regulative and security precautions to protect its website data from manipulation or destruction. These precautions also prevent any unauthorized person from accessing this data. EDB encrypts data to protect it from exploitation by any other party. It constantly reviews data in line with modern technological developments.
Use Purposes: Data is used to provide the user and the visitor with services requested, in addition to giving approvals if it is laid down in laws or legislations.
Purpose of Information Use
EDB may use website users´ personal information to:
- Send email notifications, announcements, information or other marketing communications; and
- Communicate and follow up about enquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints
EDB will not disclose personal information to third parties, except as provided below:
- When required to do so by law; and
- In connection with any legal proceedings
Terms & Conditions
- Trademarks; The trademarks and logos appearing on the website are the property and trademarks of the Emirates Development Bank “EDB” Using these trademarks is prohibited without prior permission from EDB, or except when permitted by law or legislation.
- Prohibited use of the website; In accordance with the terms and condition of use, EDB prohibits using its website for any unlawful or illegal purposes. It is prohibited to use the website in a way that damages it or causes it to cease working. EDB also forbids using the website to transfer, disseminate, distribute or circulate any defamatory, obscene, unethical, illegal or non-legislative materials. Users must not breach all things related to intellectual property rights, copyright and trademarks in accordance with the laws in the UAE.
- EDB website users are not allowed to send unauthorized or unwanted e-mails to or through the website. This includes advertising products, services and publications, in addition to falsifying any address of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), Internet Protocol (IP) or any part of the address information in any e-mail. Additionally, sending news groups is not allowed.
- Users, surfers and visitors must not conduct any attempt to test, survey or examine the possibility of striking the website (its network and system). It is also prohibited to violate these procedures, their integrity and documentation without prior official permission or authorization from EDB.
- Users, surfers and visitors must not attempt to interfere with any services provided by EDB to any user, surfer or visitor. It is prohibited to increase loading, seek UDB flood by sending e-mails and destroying the website.
- Using EDB website consider as an acceptance of all terms and conditions.