Our Promise. Your Future.
Make it in the Emirates
Make it in the Emirates’ is an open invitation to investors, innovators and developers to contribute to the UAE’s industry and advanced technology strategy, ‘Operation 300Bn’. It provides them with an opportunity to benefit from the UAE economy’s tremendous and unique value proposition by investing in future industries and advanced manufacturing and exporting UAE products to new global markets.
Operation 300 Bn, is a comprehensive national program that aims to drive industrial growth in the UAE. While the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology lead on the program, the Emirates Development Bank will act as one of its key financial engines, allocating AED30 billion to support priority industrial sectors, financing 13,500 large companies and SMEs.
Specifically, the financial products are:
Advanced Technology & Equipment Financing
Financing for upgrading existing machinery and acquiring more advanced and efficient machinery especially using Industry 4.0 technology.
Solution geared to entities using alternative or renewable energy or aiming to shift to a clean source of energy, which shall lead to environmentally sustainable development in the country.
Support industries to develop their existing activities and expand beyond, which in turn will contribute to growth and support for the UAE’s economic development.
Structured Finance & Equity Investment (this product will be launched in 2022)
Provide local industries with capital injection or alternative sources of financing to restructure their balance sheet or grow further.
EDB supports the UAE's National In-country value program
In line with EDB’s role, as the key financial enabler of the UAE’s economic development, the bank provides financial incentives to companies’ operating in priority sectors [manufacturing, healthcare, infrastructure, food security and technology], in line with their National In-Country Value score and certification. This includes potential discounts on loan pricing and prioritization for case reviews and approvals*.
- The National ICV scores of 60% and above may qualify for up to a 20% reduction on applied margin rate on term loans and working capital facilities, with tenor extension of up to 12 months on term loans and up to 60 days on working capital.
- The National ICV scores between 40% and 60% may qualify for up to a 15% reduction on applied margin rate on term loans and working capital, with tenor extension of up to nine months on term loans and up to 45 days on working capital.
- The National ICV scores between 20% and 40% may qualify for up to a 10% reduction on applied margin rate on term loans and working capital, with tenor extension of up to six months on term loans and up to 30 days on working capital.
- The National ICV scores below 20% may qualify for EDB’s standard pricing and tenors for both term loans and working capital.
* The National ICV score is not indicative of credit worthiness and the usual credit assessments will apply.
The Bank has allocated a portfolio of AED 30 billion to support business growth and development within the priority sectors over a period of five years. This will contribute to financing over 13,500 SMEs and creating 25,000 jobs in the country – which will significantly contribute to the growth of GDP and productivity, thus furthering the National ICV mandate.
Through support of the National ICV Program, which is a vital part of the (Operation 300bn), EDB directly contributes to the growth of local manufacturing and supplies chains, the adoption of advanced technology and a reduced reliance on imports, creating new investment opportunities and high-skilled job opportunities for UAE Nationals.
To find out more about the The National ICV Program visit: https://icvuae.moiat.gov.ae/en/
The above products are available to expat owned businesses operating in priority sectors and businesses owned and managed by UAE nationals across all industrial sectors. Our team of dedicated relationship managers understand the needs and requirements of small and medium businesses and will work closely with you to help design a financing plan suited to your business needs.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Apply to Make it in the EmiratesAPPLY NOW
For assistance and enquiries please contact us at 80027274