Our Promise. Your Future.
Credit Guarantee Scheme
EDB’s Credit Guarantee Scheme supports Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and startups in the UAE to overcome the challenges of accessing financial from conventional banks. This programme is designed to improve SME’s access to financing by providing a partial guarantee to lending banks should the SME fail to repay its financing commitments.
The primary objectives of the Credit Guarantee Scheme are to:
- Increase the number of SMEs by providing easy financing solutions at affordable interest rates
- Develop and support existing SMEs and start-ups by offering them a suite of financing solutions.
- Help SMEs establish credit history with banks to allow for sustainable financing in the future.
EDB’s suite of solutions under the Credit Guarantee program aims to fulfill short to medium term financing needs of all businesses.
- Project Financing
- Business Expansion Financing
- Startup Financing
- Invoice Discounting
- Trust Receipts
- 51 to 100% owned and managed by UAE Nationals
- Entities located and operating in UAE
- Start-ups: From 6 months to 3 years
- SMEs: Greater than 3 years
- Start-ups: Up to AED 1 Million
- SMEs: Up to AED 5 Million
- Shariah Compliant solutions are available